On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, ron at ron-l-j.com wrote:

> My company ,E-commerce based business, is running Q-mail and has a spam
> issue. The server is Redhat and, I am wondering why the hosting provider
> would choose Qmail over Postfix?

I used qmail for many, many, MANY years. I'm talking about a decade, still
running the same version (1.03 - there are no newer versions I think).

At the end of that I was getting TOUSANDS of spam messages a DAY.
THOUSANDS. And that's just to my personal mailbox(es).

There are qmail-spam-blockers but it was such a hassle getting them to
work with a decade-old piece of software.

So I switched over to postfix, and spamassassin, and RBLs and a bunch of
other things. I've had one spam message manage to slip into my inbox in
the past two weeks. The spam folder gets a few hundred a month, still, but
that's down from thousands a DAY.

I'm not looking back.

-Yaron