> Who is running binary X and when are they doing it?
> -vs-
> Who is choosing these options from the GUI in gnome?

While #1 would be nice, I'm more just after a count of the number of
times an application is chosen from the gnome menus.  The guy before me
took a kitchen-sink approach to our Fedora build and it needs to be
pared down.  Wrapping all these menu options would be rough but I
suppose could be done....   I also have psacct running now so I can see
what processes are running, but you have to filter out a ton of stuff...

Josh