On 11/17/2010 12:45 PM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
>   On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:32:32 -0600, Brian wrote:
>> That is Awesome! Thanks Tony.
>>
>> I did a search for DD-Wrt at new egg and got a list of 15 wireless
>> routers that supported DD-Wrt in price range from over $100 to $18
>> ($18
>> one was a open box).
>
>   You made a critical mistake by searching for "dd-wrt" - go straight to
>   the supported list and find a model you like.

  I wouldn't call it a "critical mistake."  Manufacturers have been
known to change core hardware with little to no fanfare -- often
crippling open-source distros.  Couple that with a general inability to
determine what hardware rev the device you're going to receive is, and
finding a compatible router becomes difficult quickly.  However, when
the vendor and manufacturer both tout support for open-source
distributions as a listed feature, you have some recourse if the product
doesn't live up to the hype.

  And yeah, I've had trouble finding models off an HCL -- oftentimes
they get discontinued.

      Jima