I've been running DD-WRT for years unfortunately on Comcast but never had issues with large file transfers over ssh.

My current Linksys model WRT54G with firmware DD-WRT v24-sp1 std.

I guess never rule out how evil Comcast can be...
 On Monday, May 17, 2010  6:07 PM, Andrew S. Zbikowski wrote:

Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:07:37 -0500
From: Andrew S. Zbikowski
cc:
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Comcast being evil or some bad hardware?

When I last tried DD-WRT I saw some flaky behavior. Switched to Tomato firmware and eventually replaced the Linksys router with an Apple AirPort Extreme. DD-WRT just seemed to get weird with long transfers, but I didn't look into it too deeply. Tomato seemed to work better. Only went to the AirPort Extreme as it was time to upgrade to 802.11N and I needed a USB print server.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
IT Outhouse Blog Thing | http://www.itouthouse.com

"Cuanta estupidez en tan poco cerebro!"