On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Mike Miller
<mbmiller+l at gmail.com<mbmiller%2Bl at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Florin Iucha wrote:
>
> > I was wondering about this very thing earlier in the day: how many times
> > you found HTML formatting actually useful in a message?
>
> Pretty much never.  Here's something I wrote to a friend recently:

I find it helpful when I'm writing messages that contain some structure.  I
prefer html-ized lists to ASCII bullets.

That is to say, when the presentation enhances readibility.  For me, that's
worth the HTML or RTF overhead at times.

As for Word/M$-generated HTML, don't get me started.  That stuff's a mess.

-Rob