On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Florin Iucha wrote:

> I was wondering about this very thing earlier in the day: how many times
> you found HTML formatting actually useful in a message?

Pretty much never.  Here's something I wrote to a friend recently:

"I was just noticing that your signature file, the content of which is
shown below, is 482 lines long and about 23 KB.  I guess there is
something amiss with the HTML there.  The text below [identical content to
his signature] is only 13 lines and about 300 bytes.  Weird, no?"

It turned out that his signature HTML file had been generated by Microsoft
Word and it included *massive* amounts of unnecessary formatting
information.

Mike