Your 10mbps ethernet interface on the router should be fine with any amount of traffic from the DSL. The 678 is not stateful I am pretty sure so I doubt it has any connection exhaustion issues. I have in any case run many high volume nmap scans across my 678 with never an issue.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jeff Jensen" <jjensen at apache.org>
Sender: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:30:08
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] How detect what's using Internet connection?

Thanks again...

This one has an interesting tidbit:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951942-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/52279867

"Steam apparently makes upwards of 40-50 UDP requests when it listens... so
it times your router out by over-saturating the connection."

That statement vaguely could describe what I see.

What I don't know is if the Steam server running in the background is also a
server for other players...if it is, then that would also explain traffic
use!  A snippet on that from
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553390 :

"1 player in your server is equivalent to 35 kilobits. So if your speed is
384kb upload, you should be able to handle about 12 players. Also, if you
have 512kb upload, then you should be able to handle about 16 players."