Yeah I've got the same deal, 12Mb down 7Mb up, my line is their FIOS service
and I did indeed have to drop IPHouse in order to get it :(.
 So technically I think it is MSN but I still had to go to Qwest to order
the static IP.  And currently I don't see any protocol limitations except
perhaps on 25 which I don't currently use but I was told might be
restricted.

And  yes is is actually fiber to a local termination point then VDSL to the
home.  So really I did see improvement from the old DSL in both latency
(10ms drop) and jitter (~1 to 2ms current average jitter down from 5 to 10).
 But I cant really see any major improvements in speed and indeed some of
the speed tests out there don't show me getting close to what I'm supposed
to.  So really they probably have the same uplink limitations they have
always had.  VOIP has improved overall due to the jitter decrease which is
good.

--j