Yeah, its fiber to the CO which gives you up to 20mb down. In my area 7mb up was available so I upgraded a few months ago to 12mb down and 7mb up, got a static ip and I use it for my own test server and some personal things. No one has complained, I wouldn't try to be a hosting center with that but if it isn't mission critical it works just fine.

-Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org on behalf of Josh Welch
Sent: Wed 7/7/2010 3:16 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Anyone with Qwest FIOS experience?

I got some flyers from Qwest advertising that fiber is coming to my
area (Prior Lake). On further investigation it appears that it's fiber
to the CO (or some other distribution point) that's going to allow me
to get better downloads than my current 1.5Mbps. I can get up to 20
down now but all the plans are 768Kbps upstream.

Lame.

I'm trying to decide whether additional downstream capacity is worth
it for me to upgrade.

Josh