On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 06:35:46PM -0600, Yaron wrote:
> Has anyone here played with Linux on a USB thumbdrive? It seems more
> convenient to me than carrying a LiveCD around, plus you can, you know,
> save personalised settings.

How much Linux to you need?  I'm using SystemRescueCD [1] on an USB
drive and it comes with Firefox, a few text editors.  I doubt running
OpenOffice from a cheap USB drive would be a satisfying experience.

I've heard that Knoppix might let you install on USB, but I haven't
tried it myself.

Cheers,
florin

1: http://www.sysresccd.org/

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163