On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Florin Iucha wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 06:35:46PM -0600, Yaron wrote:

> How much Linux to you need?  I'm using SystemRescueCD [1] on an USB
> drive and it comes with Firefox, a few text editors.  I doubt running
> OpenOffice from a cheap USB drive would be a satisfying experience.

Well, first of all I can get an expensive USB thumbdrive (;

I don't think the thumb drive would be a problem with running OpenOffice,
to be honest. I mean if it's booting on a halfway decent machine it'll be
fine. And it'd be a nice option to have it.

What I really need, though, is Firefox and a terminal. Be nice to have
something that'll autoconfigure on just about any hardware I plug the
thing in - including being able to use whatever wifi adapter we might run
into! That's one of the reasons I liked Ubuntu - thing just worked.

I can definitely look into Knoppix.

-Yaron