Hi all,

Has anyone here played with Linux on a USB thumbdrive? It seems more
convenient to me than carrying a LiveCD around, plus you can, you know,
save personalised settings.

I've been trying for a few days and have had... mixed results. I've
managed to get Ubuntu to make a copy of it's LiveCD on a thumbdrive, but
then you end up with an Ubuntu Live CD. Which would be better than
nothing, except even THAT doesn't always boot up all the way.

I've tried plain ol' installing Ubuntu on the thumbdrive (even going so
far as to remove the other harddrives from the system) but that won't boot
all the way, either - they get stuck on the splash screen somewhere (even
when I take "quiet" out of grub).

I know about Damn Small Linux, but I'd rather have a system thats a biiit
more current than 2.4 kernels and Firefox 2.0.

Anyone have any experiences?

-Yaron