While this is obviously a tender discussion and teetering on fallling into a
free market vs. Regulations flame war, I just want to make one point with
clearifications.

When you sign a contract with your ISP, what do you expect in return? I
expect a "tube" to the internet. I do not want a content provider like cable
TV. I want a connection to what ever destination I want, like a freeway.
Some people would rather have a content provider, and that is fine. Without
regulations, both business models can exist through the free market. With
regulations, we will be shackled into one method or another. With the free
market, the next brilliant idea I have, I can form it into a business model.
With regulations, I will need to conform my idea to the law.
It all comes down to, if you do not like the way things are currently
working what choises do you have to fix it? With a free market, you have the
ability to start up your own business and drive the market, or invest in
someone who is working torwards your interests. With regulations, you will
need to change the law first and then work towards driving the market. Which
do you think is better for innovation? Which do you think is better for
personal choice?
My personal opinion (so take it for what it is worth) is that the govenment
needs to stay out of it, and enforce the right of property and trade as in
the Carter phone decision.

Regards,
Simmons

This message was sent from my android phone.