J.A. Simmons V wrote:

> While this is obviously a tender discussion and teetering on fallling
> into a free market vs. Regulations flame war, I just want to make one
> point with clearifications.
>
> When you sign a contract with your ISP, what do you expect in return?
> I expect a "tube" to the internet. I do not want a content provider
> like cable TV. I want a connection to what ever destination I want,
> like a freeway. Some people would rather have a content provider, and
> that is fine. Without regulations, both business models can exist
> through the free market. With regulations, we will be shackled into
> one method or another. With the free market, the next brilliant idea I
> have, I can form it into a business model. With regulations, I will
> need to conform my idea to the law.
> It all comes down to, if you do not like the way things are currently
> working what choises do you have to fix it? With a free market, you
> have the ability to start up your own business and drive the market,
> or invest in someone who is working torwards your interests. With
> regulations, you will need to change the law first and then work
> towards driving the market. Which do you think is better for
> innovation? Which do you think is better for personal choice?
> My personal opinion (so take it for what it is worth) is that the
> govenment needs to stay out of it, and enforce the right of property
> and trade as in the Carter phone decision.
>
> Regards,
> Simmons
>
> This message was sent from my android phone.

J.A. Simmons:  You hit on a good point, looking back to the Carter Phone
decision.  When the FCC announced it was going to reverse Bush
administration, and reclassify the Internet to bring it under the
telecommunications umbrella, all heck broke loose in the corporate
cartel, screaming they can't do that.  That's what Net Neutrality issue
is all about.  Corporate control or having to provide for choice by
customers to do what they want with the airwaves they own, not the
corporations.
Tom