Ignoring the flame war and focusing on consumer education...

On 08/19/2010 04:17 PM, Harry Penner wrote:
> Where's my web/TV integration?  Why can't I tell my TV to show me
where all my
> family members' phones are on a GPS map?

 I think the web browsers on both my PS3 and Wii could interact with
Google Latitude.  Surely other devices could do the same.

> Why can't I have a device on my phone line that works with my cell phone
> to seamlessly switch between cell and land line as I deem appropriate?

 There exist cordless phones that can be tethered to your cell phone via
Bluetooth, enabling the functionality you describe.

 Maybe the problem isn't the ability to innovate, but the ability to
communicate those innovations to the public. ;-)

     Jima