On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 09:39, Chuck Cole <cncole at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Maybe it was just installfests that also had a talk, but many "official TCLUG events" were not held at U of MN, and seemed frequent,
> tho not every month.  Meetings at UMN went OK until the time we were tossed out of a planned and announced space because some prof
> "pulled rank" for his event.  Just a coincidence, but it showed we had no place or voice at UMN, and I felt things went downhill
> fast from there.

The reason that the TCLUG no longer has a standing reservation at the
U of M is because Ben Kochie who had the standing reservation left to
work at greener pastures. The only time we did get bumped is because
the reservation is only for 1 calendar year and (IIRC) he forgot to
renew.

> Just clarifying my remarks and not trying to make a big issue of it.

just making sure the facts are right to the best of my recollection.

> I thought TCLUG action (list and installfests especially) was mainly by Real Time folk originally.

Some were, Real-Time is also our patron providing webspace and mailing lists.