Chuck Cole <cncole at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I quit attending TCLUG meetings at U of MN.  Previously, they were
> usually not there, and meetings and installfests seemed well-attended
> when not there.  Having meetings at U of MN is unattractive for
> various reasons, parking being a very common one, and becoming a
> student group is another.  I like the TIES venue and activities.

Historically, the TCLUG meetings were held at the U of MN because the
leadership at the time were largley U of MN employees.  With the right
connections they were able to secure a lecture hall for free,
consistently.  I don't want to see the dead horse raised from the grave,
especially this weekend.  In any case, I was very thankful to the TCLUG
leadership for securing this venue.  I'm sure the new TCLUG leadership
will be able to find something more pallatable for the current
membership.

> TCLUG has no definition or existence except as this list for linux
> interests.  It's not an organized entity with any official form of
> registry, so any linux-related meetings seem to be on-topic.  List
> folk previously decided for TCLUG not to be an organized or registered
> entity.

Very true.  A loose band of like-interested folks.  TCLUG leadership
tends to be the action takers and organizers.  "Official" meetings are
simply those that someone has taken the time to plan and execute.

Chad