John Meier wrote:
> Is there a way for a evil doer to drop into a shell in the setup?  :)
> Or a better way to limit access to the system other than the running of
> the script?  From my tests any crtl-c or ctrl-d or any of the other
> normal ways for interrupting  a script don't drop me into a shell.

Anything can be hacked if the user has physical access to the machine.
Two easy examples:
1. Boot device order; adding a usb or cdrom boot device
2. Boot options, e.g., changing the boot line to boot into single-user mode.

If an entry in /etc/fstab can't be mounted, some systems present a shell
prompt. Other systems ask for a root password then drop into a shell.
Think about what would happen if a script (other than your own)
encounters a failure.

-Jeff