Hi all -

Here's the situation:

I have a small script to grab or set some network parameters, test the
connection to the outside world and then quit.

I remastered Knoppix 6.01 to boot into init level 3 and have one tty (tty1)
run the script "once".  All other getty invocations are commented
out/removed in the inittab.   When the script is done, any key press drops
the init level to 0 and the system shuts down.  I also allow shutdown at
anytime with the 3 finger salute.

Is there a way for a evil doer to drop into a shell in the setup?  :)  Or a
better way to limit access to the system other than the running of the
script?  From my tests any crtl-c or ctrl-d or any of the other normal ways
for interrupting  a script don't drop me into a shell.

Maybe I missed something...

thanks!