On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Mike Miller wrote:

>> I got that Asus EeePC 1005HA and installed Netbook Remix on it.
>

> Somehow, inexplicably, the charger stopped working.  There's a little
> light on the box that won't go on.  I only have about 1.5 hours,
> supposedly, of battery left until I can get a new charger.  Very
> disappointing and annoying. I've never had a charger die on me, at least
> not until it was maybe 8 years old and been through who-knows-what.

I was amazed that everyone seems to be having problems with this adapter
(model no. EXA0901XH).  Check this out:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=20&model=Eee+PC+1005HA&id=20090805075651484&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=640515

One guy tried smacking his on a hard surface.  I bumped it against the
side of a table-top, but not too hard.  Now it works.

The problem definitely was not the connection to the wire that plugs into
the wall.  I tested that multiple times.

I don't like not knowing if my power adapter is going to work.  When I'm
traveling, will it work, or will I be smashing it against things all the
time?  Will I need to buy another one and bring two with me wherever I go
because they are so unreliable?  It's not good!

Mike