My suspicion, based on past experience working large helpdesks, is that Mpls
WiFi support calls and emails are being routed directly to a specialized
Mpls WiFi helpdesk group, that may be overworked and/or understaffed at the
moment, so their response time is slipping.

Online chat is usually designed to have a response within a minute, so it is
getting picked up by any available helpdesk staff that is on duty.  If your
issue is something that general helpdesk staff can resolve or point you in
the right direction, online chat will give you the fastest result.  You may
even get lucky and initiate an online chat at the moment when one of their
Mpls WiFi geeks is on duty, so you may get your issue resolved quickly that
way.  But once your request in placed into the WiFi ticket bucket, the staff
in that group being overworked may explain the poor response you are
getting.

One thing I do know about USI, and most other companies, is that while poor
support response does happen from time to time, the companies do respond
very quickly if your report a poor experience.  If you call the helpdesk,
choose the "other" option, and ask to speak with a manager on duty, then
politely explain your experience to them, they will usually bend over
backward to help you.  Of course you shouldn't abuse this and do it for
every call, but if you've had a couple bad experiences, I'm sure they would
actually be very happy to hear about.  No company wants their customers to
have that kind of experience, and they will go out of their way to help you
if you point out a problem in their previous responses.

Curtis