On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Justin Kremer<justin.kremer at gmail.com> wrote:
> And if you want to extend that a bit further, I DO consider it poor
> customer service when the store clerk at the parts store tries to sell

This is an artifact of the pay situation at Microcenter.  Most of the
sales staff is paid on commission and given low base wages.  If they
are not selling extra product, service plans, etc they make far less
than an entry level job at other typical hourly retail firms.  This is
exactly why Circuit City got rid of their commissions -- some people
refused to go there after bad experiences of a sales guy trying to put
food on the table due to poor wage policy.  Salespeople at Microcenter
are not to blame for these tactics, the management (and moreso the
management that isn't local) is to blame.

On the other hand, I have no idea how GNS employees get paid.

--
Scott Dier <scott at dier.name>