I will go to a parts store because I don't need help/advice/et cetera,
but I won't go to GNS!  I look for a place with service, quality,
selection and price. If a store doesn't provide those things they need
to put up with complaints.  It's that simple.

Remember, I have never had a bad experience there and I have no
complaints about them. But the reputation prevents me from buying there
and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Again, your good experiences DO NOT negate others bad experiences, and a
little help now and then for the novice can make a business grow while
your "it's not my job" attitude can eventually destroy a business.