On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Matt Hallacy<poptix at poptix.net> wrote:
>> No matter the reason, poor customer service is poor customer service.
>> It's not that hard to figure out. (Dwell on it.)
>
> Sorry, I don't consider it poor customer service when the auto parts
> store clerk can't tell me how to replace a part on my car. I also don't
> consider it poor customer service when the clerk at Wal-Mart doesn't
> know what kind of drywall anchors would be best for my wall.
>
> If you need parts, go to a parts store. If you need professional
> assistance, go somewhere that specializes in it. GNS is a parts store.

And if you want to extend that a bit further, I DO consider it poor
customer service when the store clerk at the parts store tries to sell
me a part that's clearly way more expensive than what I need, and then
badgers me to buy a replacement plan or extended warranty.  I've had
those problems repeatedly at Microcenter. (never at GNS) Their
salesmen are worse than most used car salesmen I've dealt with.  I
can't understand why anyone would recommend sending someone who
doesn't know computers to Microcenter.  I do shop there, but I know
what I'm looking for, and I know how to say, "No, I don't need or want
that.  Please help me to purchase exactly what I'm looking for, and
nothing else, or I will not buy anything from you."  (all too often,
the item I'm looking for is locked in a display case, or in the back
room, and slight variations on that theme work very well)
- Justin