I have some lease return HP 4050tn (tn means two trays plus network) printers for $80 ea  These are a better pro-grade than the
LJ5s, smarter, built like tanks, and cheap to run.  I get refilled cartridges off ebay for about $20 including shipping, and a
cartridge lasts for about a whole box or paper - 5 to 10 reams.  Far better than an inkjet and doesn't clog.  Can get the duplexer
cheap and that will allow auto-printing on both sides.

Chuck