On 12/11/2009 11:39 AM, David S. Cargo wrote:
> First things first.
>
> I have a HP LaserJet 5P (gotten for free), that has started getting
> old and cranky (instead of just old).  There a dark bands where toner
> goes where it isn't supposed to and now the paper won't feed from its
> paper cassette tray.  Can anybody recommend a local printer repair
> place that works with antiques?
>
> In case repair isn't possible (or economical), I'm interested in a
> replacement printer, ideally one that is already network capable.
>
> When I look at printers for which there are CUPS drivers listed, I
> don't see any of the latest printers from HP, Lexmark, or Samsung.
> The Samsung ML-2851ND looks nice in terms of cost per page.  It's
> not clear to me if Linux can print to the Samsung, the Lexmark
> E120n or E260dn, or some of the later HPs.
>
> Can somebody recommend where I might find that information?
>
> Thanks.  (I'm looking a buying a printer for OfficeMax or BestBuy.
> If there's another good local source, I'd be interested in hearing
> abut that too.)

I've been using the brother network printers and they work rather well
with Linux.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39