From: "Dean Benjamin" <Dean.Benjamin at mm.com>
To: "David S. Cargo" <escargo at skypoint.com>
Cc: "TCLUG List" <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 12:34:30 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Linux support for network printers and old printer repair

I had my HP Laserjet 5 repaired last year for $70 at
    A to Z Laser Printer Repair
    443 Old Hwy 8 # 102A
    New Brighton MN  55112

My symptoms resembled yours; the fuser had to be replaced.

Those old HP LJ5s are built like military tanks, and just keep on
keepin' on.  Mine was under steady use in a large office for 15+
years, where it cranked out thousands of pages per month, before its
fuser broke down.  In my home office, I expect to expire before it does.