root at ron-laptop:/home/www# mkdir vbrew.com
root at ron-laptop:/home/www# ls
vbrew.com
root at ron-laptop:/home/www# cd vbrew.com
root at ron-laptop:/home/www/vbrew.com# gedit html.htm
root at ron-laptop:/home/www/vbrew.com# apache2ctl start
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
httpd (pid 5807) already running
root at ron-laptop:/home/www/vbrew.com#
root at ron-laptop:/home/www/vbrew.com# ls
html.htm
root at ron-laptop:/home/www/vbrew.com#

Here is my httpd.conf file.

NameVirtualHost 172.16.0.199

<VirtualHost 172.16.0.199>

ServerName www.vbrew.com

DocumentRoot /home/www/vbrew.com

</virtualHost>

<VirtualHost 172.16.0.199>

ServerName www.virtualvineyard.com

</VirtualHost>

So the server is running.
Is my Dns failing?
I wrote an html document in www.vbrew.com.
But I can not load the web page www.vbrew.com in another computer's browser
on my lan. I can see the host in the other computer and it is running the
127.0.1.1 address.
Also What else should I add to the directory to make the page viewable?

Thanks, Ron

--
"There are too many variables to draw conclusions (or make grand
statements) about the universe. We are too ignorant a species to make