A couple of things:

make sure your htlm.htm file is actually called index.html
also make sure that file/directory structure has the correct permssions.
i'm not sure what group apache runs as in Ubuntu - but in
CentOS/Fedora/RHEL your files need to be owned by group apache.

i would also set the Servername - that is the reason your getting the error:
  apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
  domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName