On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Andy Schmid wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're looking for, or what your price range is, but I
> have found that leasing a server can be a far better deal than
> collocating your own.  I currently lease a server from xlhost.com for
> around $60 a month.  That gets me a dedicated server (not a shared
> virtual machine, an actual box), 1TB of traffic a month, 10Mbps
> dedicated up/down connection, 5 static IP addresses, and your os of
> choice.

That sounds pretty good, but I guess their prices have gone up:

http://xlhost.com/

If I were to run email distribution lists from there, that could add up to
a lot of bandwidth, I guess.  I assume that email bandwidth costs the same
as other kinds of bandwidth.

I assume I get to have root permissions on my leased box.

Mike