Chris Barber writes:

> Nope, use all 6 disks in the RAID 1+0.  That way you get more
> throughput.  I like things easy, so I would just create a root partition
> that eats up almost all of the space, then a second small (2GB) swap
> area.  That way you don't have to worry about running out of disk space
> if you make a particular partition too small.
>
> -Chris

Forgive me for asking so many questions, but I am still a virgin to RAID,
and this is going to be my first RAID setup.

OK, My new server is going to have 6 drives.  I am going to go with RAID10.

For the first part (raid 1), do I want to make two or three sets.
For Example, do I want to make drive 1+2, 3+4, 5+6 RAID 1, or can I do 1+2+3
& 4+5+6 as RAID 1.  What do you think is best.

Then for the second part (raid 0), I guess that depends on how the raid 1
was setup.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Robert De Mars