As of three days ago, my ISP (InfinityAccessnet, AKA IAXS) has been
acquired - lock, stock, and barrel - by Visi. The announcement letter
says the complete physical plant and all employees are now with Visi.

I wish I'd known this was coming - we just paid for a year of service
(pay by the year gets one month free), so we're kind of locked in
through the end of either March 2008. I could probably cancel service
and get a pro-rated refund, but that's a hassle I'm not willing to go
through quite yet.

I get bandwidth, one static IP, and DNS from IAXS. They've got no
problems with me running a server that's providing mail, ssh & http
services. I haven't had <b>any</b> problems with my connectivity since
we cleared up the local DSL termination (which was a QWest problem)
within a year of moving into the house. That means I haven't had to
touch anything ISP-related for, nearly ten years? Admittedly, I've
been getting 256k up/down - QWest is, as I understand it, provisioning
640k up/down, but IAXS could limit to 256k. Our cost to QWest is
$28/month, to IAXS is $275/year.

I know Visi was the ISP of choice among my friends for several years,
but that was some time ago. What's their current reputation? Who's
currently got the best reputation? Anyone with a better reputation
than Visi have a plan that would give me more bang for my buck? I know
that if I go to QWest I'll have to get business class for the static
IP, and while that's not a non-starter, it's pretty close.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org