Andrew von Nagy wrote:
>> What is the projector's model?
>>

> It's a Sony VPL-VX41. I'm connecting to it using an Analog VGA connector.
>
> Also, the output displays correctly if I switch to another terminal
> (Ctr-Alt-F1 through 6). It's just the X-Window terminal that doesn't display
> correctly.
>
> Any ideas? I'm stuck.
>
> Andrew

Interesting - Googling VPL-VX41 comes up with a single web page from
Ebay Germany.  I don't know any German, but it looks like the native
resolution of that projector is 1024x768.  In the previous message to
the list, you noted that your resolution (as noted by xrandr) is
1280x1024.  Is this a simple matter of sending a resolution to the
projector that it doesn't like?  Have you tried 1024x768?

-- jeremy