On Wednesday 30 January 2008, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> I've decided to use part of my tax return to upgrade my ancient
> desktop.  I started researching, but realized that I haven't been
> paying attention to the hardware market for quite a while and I'm
> lost.

A lot depends on what kind of Pentium 4 you have, that is what socket does
your CPU come in. The socket type is probably going to be the biggest factor
in determining whether you can upgrade. Unless you are buying used.

You might or might not be able to reuse the RAM from your P3 machine, but I
would not bet on it. It depends on how modern your RAM is or how old the P4
Motherboard is.

--
Samir M. Nassar
samir.nassar at steamedpenguin.com