On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 17:15 -0600, duff0097 at umn.edu wrote:
> Any good recommendations on this?
>
> Supposedly the OS shouldn't really matter. But I've had issues with the
> screen not coming back up after switching back and forth.
>
> I have a Compaq one, maybe I just got unlucky.

Can you describe the switch in any more detail?  We've got a pile of
Compaq KVMs at work, mostly 1U rackmount, 8 port, PS/2 and VGA
connectors only.  Some are dual-headed so two systems can be seen at
once.  Of course, we've also got a pile of defective or dead ones in a
storage room.

Have you tried connecting the system to a different port?  (Or the
monitor, if you've got a multi-headed KVM?)  Are you just running text
mode, or is it graphical?  Are your keyboard and mouse USB or PS/2?

--
Mike Hicks <hick0088 at tc.umn.edu>