Hello, and a good day to you all.  I have a small problem that I can not
seem to figure out.

I have just installed Slack 12.1 on a Dell Optiplex 745 Desktop.  The
box is all stock, but with a 4Gig ram upgrade.

I installed Slackware 12.1, and Slack is working properly.  My problem
is when I tell the machine to reboot (  shutdown -r now   )   it goes
through the process of shutting down, but gets stuck at "Restarting System."

I then have to manually power down the box, and restart it via the power
button.

This machine will soon be headless, and is intended to run inter-company
web applications & things of that nature.

Any thoughts why it freezes at "Restarting System.", or what I might do
to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You Very Much!

Robert De Mars