On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:05:58 -0600
Robert De Mars <tclug at b-o-b.homelinux.com> wrote:

> Forgive me if this is off topic, but I was curious about php
> editors.  I have just recently started coding PHP, and I have not
> found an editor I like yet.  I started simply using VIM (elvis),
> and have played with KDE's Quanta (but this seems to crash often
> for me).  I was curious what other php programmers like to use.

I hate (I mean hate) to say it but the only reason I run a Windows VM
through VirtualBox is for UltraEdit - http://www.ultraedit.com/ for
php source editing - ok and QuickBooks. I've tried many linux
native editors such as Kate, Quanta, Bluefish, Eclipse but I just
can't find everything I like about UltraEdit.  Quanta is the
closest.  I hear the ultraedit folks are slowly working a linux
version which would be nice.

I hear Komodo is now free and supposedly it's very good - might wanna
give it a try.  http://www.activestate.com/Products/komodo_edit/

Josh