On Nov 21, 2007 10:05 PM, Robert De Mars <tclug at b-o-b.homelinux.com> wrote:
> Forgive me if this is off topic, but I was curious about php editors.  I
> have just recently started coding PHP, and I have not found an editor I
> like yet.  I started simply using VIM (elvis), and have played with
> KDE's Quanta (but this seems to crash often for me).  I was curious what
> other php programmers like to use.

I've tried many editors, but have always found myself coming back to
vim and gvim when I'm in X or Windows. I really think vim and emacs
are great due to their power and flexibility. I always find myself
crippled when I'm in other editors.

The exception is that I really like Kate for note taking. It's session
support provides a nice way of separating my notes.

In the end you'll need to find what feels right, but I'd take another
look at vim. You really need to take some time and familiarize
yourself with its commands, but it's worth it.

Cheers!
Eric