On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Chuck Cole wrote:

> Mike Miller wrote:
>
>> Why is it "especially inaccessible" at 6:30 pm on a Wednesday?
>
> Rush "hour" traffic all over the cities and around UMN.

But then every place is somewhat inaccessible at that time.  I don't see
that spot as worse than most other places.

>> it would be better to have meetings where parking is free.
>
> .. and where working professionals are

But they are everywhere.  It's not as if there is one place, far from the
university where all the working professionals can be found.

>> I'll bet you can recommend a place a block or two from your home that
>> would be just perfect.  Seriously, where did you want to meet?
>
> Away from UMN or St Thomas U.  The TIES location is vastly superior on
> all counts plus a few more.  There are other locations as are frequented
> by the various professional associations in town.

Apparently, TIES is here:

http://tinyurl.com/yt4hfn  (Google Maps long URL)
1667 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55108

And that is very near to the UMN St. Paul campus.

So why is it so great to meet out there near Roseville?  It would help
your case a lot if you could explain yourself.  I have nothing against the
idea of meeting there but I don't know why it is better than the EE
building at the U because I've never been to TIES and you haven't told me
what is better about it.  I don't care if "various professional
associations in town" hold meetings there -- how does that help TCLUG?

Mike