On Wed, 30 May 2007, Chuck Cole wrote:

> The U is simply not a desirable place to meet, otherwise the
> professional associations would consider meeting there, and haven't for
> the last 20 years or so. I think they simply found fewer hassles and
> grumblings from attendees to meet elsewhere.
>
> My attendance certainly isn't necessary.  I'm just sharing an easy to
> see preference that's not uncommon in town.  The U area is probably best
> left for student activities.  Harumph :-)

In other words, other than parking problems, you cannot name one reason
why we should not meet in a University-owned building.  Is that right?
Associations might not meet at the U because of parking problems or
because they don't have a sponsor.  Why is the U "simply not desirable?"

Are you really saying that if we had a meeting in a University building
with free parking attached to the building that you would not attend that
meeting because the building is owned by the University?

I'm wide open to hearing any of the reasons why we should not meet in a
University building.  I really want to know what those reasons are.  So
far I have one -- parking problems -- but I think that can sometimes be
taken care of.

Mike