On Wed, 30 May 2007, Paul Cutler wrote:
> On 5/30/07, Chuck Cole <cncole at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> TCLUG Meetings at TIES are MUCH more attractive to me, and I usually do
>> not attend meetings when they are held on the UMN campus because of
>> parking hassles, etc.

I'm curious about the "etc."

> Jeremy can answer the question better than I can, but I believe having a
> faculty sponsor guarantees the ability to reserve a room where we can
> meet.  Our thought process was that to get the TCLUG meetings started
> again, the UMN campus was fairly central for most, and it was where
> previous meetings had been held.

That makes sense, but is there any way to deal with the parking problem on
campus?  It usually costs $2.50 per hour in the garages, but can the U
ever allow free parking for an event?  If no one knows, I can find out.

The U also has some off-campus buildings, like the one I work in...

http://www1.umn.edu/twincities/maps/WBOB/
http://tinyurl.com/2yg582

...where it seems that our large parking lot adjacent to the building is
free to all on any Sundays if there is no Twins or Vikings game (e.g.,
6/24, 7/1, 7/8, 7/29, 8/12, 8/26 would be possible days).  We could almost
certainly get a room near the parking lot and on the same floor.

Mike