Jeremy can answer the question better than I can, but I believe having
a faculty sponsor guarantees the ability to reserve a room where we
can meet.  Our thought process was that  to get the TCLUG meetings
started again, the UMN campus was fairly central for most, and it was
where previous meetings had been held.

I'm not familiar with TIES - can you share more information?

Thanks.

Paul