On 3/15/07, admin at lctn.org <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> I have a box set up that utilizes what is referred to as a "wre" (WebGui
> runtime environment). The wre folder contains its own install of apache,
> perl, and mysql. Everything webgui needs to run is in this folder. Its a
> great solution, but does not use php, which I need for Gallery 2. I have
> php5 installed. The path is "/usr/bin/php".
>
> I created an alias to gallery, which works fine, but pphp pages display as
> text. Outside of adding index.php to documents served up, what can I add
> to httpd.conf, so it will find my php install?
>

> Raymond

It sounds like you need to install the apache module for php. After
intalling the php module you need to include a line similar to this in
your apache config:

LoadModule php_module /path/to/php/module.so

You'll also need to add a line similar to this to your apache config file:

<IfModule mod_php.c>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
</IfModule>

A lot of this depends on the distribution you have and the path to the
module. Hopefully your package manager will do most of this for you.
In Debian the package you would need for Apache2 is
libapache2-mod-php5.

I'm assuming your running 2.x.x version of apache. If it's a version
1.x.x, the settings may be different. I haven't looked at php and
apache 1 in a long time.

It would help if we knew the version of Apache and the Linux
distrobution you're using.

Eric