On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Justin Krejci wrote:

>> The only guy I know and talked to uses BSD as the base for their
>> products (and this is not a small embedded company) *exactly* because
>> of the GPL and license requirements to distribute source code.
>
> Yup, BSD based is the way to go.

Not for the individual licensing his code, but for the individual who
wishes to use code written by someone else.  If you want to contribute
something to the world, you definitely should not choose BSD for your
license.  The GPL will do much better in promoting the software and
leading to further development.

Mike