> The only guy I know and talked to uses BSD as the base for their
> products (and this is not a small embedded company) *exactly* because
> of the GPL and license requirements to distribute source code.

Yup, BSD based is the way to go. Its much more free than GPL. You wont hear a
bunch of mumbo jumbo theories, guesses and suggestions about what is legal or
not or one interpretation vs another.

BSD: use it, tweak it, sell it, profit. Just remember to give a hats off to
the original creators. No fuss.

One memorable quote from Theo, "But software which OpenBSD uses and
redistributes must be free to all (be they people or companies), for any
purpose they wish to use it, including modification, use, peeing on, or even
integration into baby mulching machines or atomic bombs to be dropped on
Australia."

Have a nice day (or not)