On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 13:09 -0500, Rob Terhaar wrote:
> On 4/22/07, Jon Schewe <jpschewe at mtu.net> wrote:
> > I'm hoping someone on the list has some experience with this or knows
> > where to look.
> >
> > I've got a tape recording where a tape player was used that clicks bad.
> > So the recording I want appears to be on the tape very quietly, however
> > the clicking is so loud because the internal mic on the recorder was
> > used.  Does anyone have a good idea on how to remove these clicks?
> >
> > An example of the recording can be found at
> > http://mtu.net/~jpschewe/remove_clicks.flac
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.  The recording is of a memorial service
> > and I have someone that was unable to be there that I'd really like to
> > get a copy to.  Thanks.
> >

> I can think of two ways to do this:
>
> method one: the cheap/free way (that might not work so well..)
> get a copy of audacity, isolate a block of the noise that you wish to
> eliminate. copy it onto a different track, and repeate the noise
> sample though out the entire recording. invert the noise sample track.
> line up the noise sample track so that the clicks are synchronized
> across the two tracks. this might or might not result with a sort of
> psuedo "active" noise cancelation of the clicks.

What's a good way to repeat the section throughout the track?  It is
happening at regular intervals, so that should make it easier.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
Help Jen and I fight cancer by donating to the Leukemia & Lymphomia
Society
Here's our website: http://www.active.com/donate/tntmn/tntmnJSchewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital
signature.
See http://www.gnupg.org for more information.