On 4/12/07, G. Scott Walters <gscottwalters at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could install Debian minimal install, but that's too easy. Any other
> smaller distros around? Anyone try DSL linux? What other stuff is out
> there?

I would throw Gentoo into the ring as well. You can do a binary
install now out of the gate. You can pare the kernel down to the bare
minimum, like-wise with services; caveat emptor here is that if you
want "advanced" services functionality, you end up doing it yourself,
but that's part of the fun. As has already been mentioned, running a
lighter weight window manager makes a _huge_ difference. I'm very
happy with fluxbox, but have been known to still fire up fvwm2 from
time to time.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman