On Apr 5, 2007, at 11:44 AM, John Meier wrote:

> As I'd like to be able to switch to any OS depending on client, I am
> leaning toward a Mac book pro - 17 inch (and will probably get the max
> amount of memory right off the bat).  I would use bootcamp or
> Parallels Desktop for Mac for OS selection - Parallels Desktop really
> caught my eye....

I use a 15" MacBook Pro all the time and the only thing I'll add is
that I prefer Parallels to BootCamp. If you don't need 3D
acceleration (I'm not a gamer) then Parallels will do everything you
need. And the Parallels developers have been talking about improving
the 3D performance in future versions.

My MBP runs Ubuntu very well. I have 2 GB RAM and I've even had OS X,
Windows XP, and Ubuntu all running simultaneously just for the heck
of it. Switch into full-screen mode and you'd be hard-pressed to
notice that you're running in a VM.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson, The Savvy Technologist