For some reason, I've recently embedded myself into FC5.  I'm unfamiliar
with what all YAST does, but I can heartily recommend "Fedora Core 5
Linux Installation Notes" at
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html for a
lot of good 'getting started' type of tips, including the usage of
yumex (a good GUI front end/introduction to yum), and repository
information.

There's a lot of other miscellenous setup information there as well.

Josh