I have installed xsane ... and it has been used with limited success.
That is my concern I guess.  I could just install it on a PC and share
it via samba ... then use the file server as a repository for any files
scanned in ... but was hoping to move it to a higher level.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I have tried using more specific drivers, but
with limited success ... probably because I can not get them to install
properly.

Randy